Monday, February 16, 2009

Letting go

What foolishness is this?  The worlds too beautiful a place to lay such thoughts bare.  I don’t want to mar that charming landscape with my beliefs which I was holding so strongly.  I am just as well off writing on a page and burning it.  Its all about letting go, so now its gone.  Its really gone.

Outside the snow is falling in perfect chaotic eddies, there is a chill in the air, and the birds are flying overhead.

Yesterday I was as sick as I have ever been.  Ever.  I ended up in a hospital where I got a few bags of salty goodness stuck right into my veins.  I even got to try a wonderful little drug that they give to chemotherapy patients for anti-nausea.  Still I have so much to be thankful for, the care was excellent.  Today I feel wonderful.  There are these amazing pleasures that I didn’t even know I had, every day.  Just being able to drink a full glass of warmish water is heavenly now.  I’ve never been so grateful for half a cup of cold soup.  Just walking around the room brings me joy.  They had to fetch me a wheelchair after about 6 steps yesterday.

The universe is a good place to be.  I think I’ll stay.  And maybe I wont worry so much about these silly thoughts in my head.

No comments: