Monday, March 2, 2009

Emptiness Dancing

For want of a comma, I was lost.  Or was I?  How do I stop from seeing what I think I see? How many negatives were there?  One or two?  Sometimes its so hard to understand.  Is there another way?  I wish there was another way...

When trying to surpass words, when using simple imagery to invoke a reaction, do we still fall in the same trap?  How does a man in China see the world?  Will he understand something if I say it?  Its hard to say how much local culture really does change the way people think.  I can't even imagine how different things must have been for him growing up, how much does it change him?

I feel like he may see what I see.  But its weird I somehow feel like I may not get to find out. How would I get to China to see this thing?  Its a boat that would put the arc to shame, in the middle of Shanghai, filled with nothing but a dream.  Our guided dream.  I will play just my small part.  But do we dream the same?  The details change from person to person, but the core remains the same.  It will be enough.  Besides there's nothing to miss.  We don't have a story to tell.  Its just our silly guided dream.

Still, it will be pretty no matter what.  Maybe in the end thats the point.

No comments: