Saturday, January 17, 2009

The lost

Missing and vanished, it now stands alone.

To far away places they must have been blown.

Driven away on a nightmare's cyclone.

What ever the case its sure they have flown.

Of where are the rest, nothing is known.

But one remains high on its throne.


Uncounted masses have become the quite rare.

No two exists for which to compare.

Yet still it shines with a soothing white glare.

A beacon of hope high in the air.
Good for one wish, one earnest prayer.

Promised to me, this burden to bear.


So many choices for humanities advance.

Feeding the hungry, boundless finance.

Ending all warfare, a harmonious dance.

Or maybe a selfish horizon expanse.

An ailing body's lifespan enhance.

A sublime and enchanted romance.


For so many sins could I atone.

I know what I want yet still I postpone.

My hearts desire awaits if I dare.

But I can't, the sky I must share.

So I choose, lost in a trance.

And make my wish with a sad glance.


I wish for the to stars return to the sky.

I wish for their hope to be seen on up high.

I wish that they comfort you when you cry.

I wish that the dark night they always defy.

I wish for their peace when things go awry.

How could I, for you, these things deny?

No comments: